Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chocolate Free: Update.

I have officially completed one week without chocolate!


As it just so happened, I planned my chocolate break during 1. PMS 2. Daylight savings.

I know, I know, daylight savings has nothing to do with it, but maybe it does a teeny tiny bit.

As in, I'm exhausted from my hormonal issues, and now they've taken away an hour? I'm getting up at (what feels like) 5 a.m. instead of 6? Seriously, where's a chocolate granola bar for breakfast?

You know how it is. When you're already pooped, the last thing you want to do is be creative. About anything. I didn't want to be creative regarding chocolate. I just wanted it. Period. (Ha! No pun intended, but that was a good one)!

Alas, I was strong. I turned away from a piece of Ghiradelli mint chocolate (it was mocking me, by the way). I stared Easter themed Whoppers square in the face (cooking activity at school). I politely declined the M&Ms that managed to make their way to the staff table.

I did it.

Week 2? That will be a piece of cake. Chocolate free, of course.

Just wanted to share an update!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Great job angela! It is so hard to stick to it but the first week is the hardest. I've done pretty good with no sweets. I did have a cupcake for my sister in law's birthday but I walked/ran 10 miles the next day. Pretty sure I burned it off haha. Keep up the great work! You've got this :)